Thursday, September 27, 2007

urban plunge reflection

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The Urban Plunge in Winnipeg impacted my life forever. One of the hardest things for me was saying "yes" to God when he prompted me to give my bible to a "complete stranger". It seemed so hard at first, giving away that prized posession, but when God gave me the strength to just do it I suddenly knew she wasn't just a "stranger". This woman was one of God's beautiful creations, and she, more than anything, needed that book, at that moment, more than I did. The desperation of the street people and the immense love that God has for them hit me with a force that I can hardly explain! His love is so great and we who know just how incredibly great that love can be, hold within us a message so redeeming it transforms and re-creates lives. The utter rawness of hummanity's plight without Christ cut to the very depths of my soul. Poverty was so real, unavoidable, undeniable, and yet in today's culture there is such an unwillingess to admit its existance. That is what hit me the most: just the fact that poverty, it is SO there, SO present, when it shouldnt be.

-By Kristi Roberts

No comments: