Tuesday, October 9, 2007

 
Posted by Picasa




So I thought that I would not like girls week very much. First of all we were in Calgary instead of Banff, and I missed the mountains. Also its like 60 girls and no guys. Talk about drama and emotions. But in spite of all that its been really good.
We had an awesome speaker and a great worship leader. But we also did alot of just fun stuff. We went go-karting and played lazer tag. I got the worst score at lazer tag. Guns just aren't my thing but it was alot of fun. Then another day we did a chill hike in Banff, and went to the hotsprings that night. Imagine 60 girls clumped in the middle of a pool with 4 teams of Norwegian volleyball players all lining the outside of the pool. And no mingling... hilarious.
Then we all went for dinner one night at East Side Marios and all got dressed up. Then we had spa night. My toenails are red :D. Friday was a free day. Two of my friends from Lethbridge came to visit me!! YAY!! and i did a little shopping. and then we had a hiphop class at night. Saturday we went back to banff and me and 7 of the girls in my site did a huge hike up sulfer mountain, where the gondolas are. Most people ride up and hike down. but no. We hiked up and rode down. Me and Tiffany laughed alot of the way, making it hard to breathe...
So yeah this must seem like a pretty easy week. but its been so good just to bond with the other girls in my site. There are 17 of us so its been hard to get to know everyone up until this week. We are missing the boys though and can't wait to see them all tomorrow. We will be in canmore for a few days with them and then we will head off to the houseboats on Shuswap Lake.
Anyways. I've also learned alot too. This week we've been talking about self image, boy/girl relationships, and sexuality. But we've also talked about singleness and all the cool stuff that God can do through that. And we talked about dreaming. Sharon asked us to write down our dreams for the future, even things that seem crazy and not possible. So yeah, I've been thinking lots about me and how God has changed me so much in the last few years. And about all the crazy things I would love to do. I still have absolutely no direction for what to do after this year. but thats okay.
By Chantel Lanoue

No comments: